mardi, mars 29, 2005

Telephone calls

Oui, finalement.. le petit surd a bloggé

Yes my friends.. I are finally back (I hate to say that)

My boards ended on the 24th of March 2004, 2 days after my rebirth.

I have been chilling since… my idea of chilling involves reading Da Vinci Code(I know im a bit late.. by the way, just 50 pages left), playing GTA and NFS Hot Pursuit 2 on my computer and sleeping, eating, and whatever other things chilling involves.

Now, in one of my earlier entries I mentioned that Porsches sucked and Ferraris were much better. I still agree on that, but not totally. You see when I was playing the game(NFS HP 2) with the Porsche, I used the car cam and using that is a pain even with a Ferrari. So, I tried out the Porsche with the Bumper Cam, which makes things a hell lot easier. I realized that the Bumper Cam did wonders and I did come first in the Porsche too. But, having said that I would like to add that the Ferrari still handles a lot better and helps me clock better laps… Much better than the Porsche. Anyhow this really isn’t what I intend to talk about in this post.

Some lots of years ago, Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone. The first message to be sent across the telephone was

“Watson, Get in here!”

Now as we might have read in our science textbooks, things evolve and so did the telephone.

Evolution has been described as the gradual unfolding of organisms from pre-existing organisms (I was gonna write orgasm here) through change since the beginning of life.

Today, we see a telephone in almost every household. We also have telephones with no wires, called Wireless Telephones.

Note for the misinformed lot: Wireless telephones and Cellular Telephones are not the same thing. I shall explain those two in some later post of mine.

So as the number of telephones grew, so did the number of telephone numbers associated with them (DUH!)… And now we come to the point where I start to explain why I am writing this post.

See, the thing is, I HATE people dialing wrong numbers.

Dialing a wrong number as the Oxford dictionary doesn’t define is the act of dialing a telephone number which connects one to a person with whom he did not wish to talk.

I don’t know if it happens with everyone else or not, but I sure do get at least one wrong number telephone call per day which is highly bugging. Another fact that is bugging and strange is that I never get these stupid calls on the primary telephone line of our house, which for your information has been scattered across the house via parallel connections. I always get these stupid calls on the secondary telephone lines of my house which have been very least conveniently located in the house of my parents on the first floor. It so happens that those phones decide to ring only when I am not in the room, or for that matter nobody is in that room and I have to go running to it only to realize that it was another village person looking for his MAMAJI.

Another weird thing that I have noticed is that these people, after learning that they dialed a wrong number, press the REDIAL button and not go through the pains (as if they were too much) of dialing their number again and correctly this time. So, there are 2 calls that I get from that same stupid person looking for his long lost brother in the Kumbh ka Mela

A few incidents

WRD- Wrong Number Dialer

G- y’know who

#1

WRD: Hallo! Kya main Asok(Ashok) Mama se baat kar sakta hoon?(May I talk to Ashok Uncle)

G: Wrong Number

WRD: Hein? (Say what?)

G(louder): WRONG NUMBER!!!

WRD: asa.(achha/ ok)

A minute later

WRD: Hallo ji.. haan zara yeh asok mamaji ko bula do (hello.. please call ashok mama)

G: wrong number

WRD: phir se? (again?)

G: yes.. slams phone down

#2

WRD: hello.. haanji aap kaun bol rahe hain (hello who is ispeaking?)

G(translated): You tell me.. you are the phone who called.

WRD(translater): NO.. you tell me who you are and I will tell you who want to talk to.

G: No way! You tell me you tell me who you wanna speak to

WRD: Where from you speaking?

G: It doesn’t concern you

WRD: you connect me to my mamaji (again the mama)

G: Does your mama have a name?

WRD: you just connect me to my mamaji.. I will complain to him

G: WTF!??!?@#%@#%^@#^@#$^^@.. You wanna speak to yo’ mama not me.. its better if you give me his name

WRD: #some name#

G: wrong number

WRD: ok

A minute later

WRD: I wanna speak to my mama

G: oh cmon.. what are you??@. This is a wrong number!!!!!!!!

WRD: it cant be so.. I have dialed 4 times and I always got a wrong number.. I cant be wrong this time.. you are hiding my mama.. I want to speak to him

G: ARRRRRRRRRRRGHGHGHGHGHGHGHHHHH!….. slams phone

And yea, im not kidding about this one

But the funniest ones are the ones by some people speaking in their native (south Indian) language

WRD: inga pinga shinga (im sorry I don’t know the language)

G(laughing my ass off): ILLE… Rong Numbara..

Anyways, enough of my stupid jokes.

I must start studying for my VMC test, as I had really good results with it last year (you think?)

I really don’t have anything to write about.

Signing off

G
P.S.: nobody to get offended please

17 commentaires:

ThinkingWanderer a dit…

hey gudi...
long time...no post.....well its gud to finally have u posting again cz ur posts are entertaining, no doubt!

Anonyme a dit…

im lookin for da vinci too!Wat a co....n yeah even i get the south indian calls n calls for Raju..
Awesome post though!! N see i commented

Manas a dit…

U write such amazing blogs uh... posts. Nyways, sumthing decent after a long time. BTW NFS U2 sux, I rather like Fable.

-Manas Gautam

Dhruv a dit…

for some reason, my comments keep vanishing from your blog..

Dhruv a dit…

next time someone calls again, just tell 'em "xyz mamaji abhi bahar gayen hai.... zaraa teen din baad phone karna.."
or, more conveniently, "woh ghar chodh ke bhaag gayee" or an unrecommended "unka dehaant ho gayaa"..
I however suggest only the first..

udit a dit…

How come it takes 5-6 clicks to convince Post a Comment to finally reach here???

Amazing thing about wrong numbers is that it'll never be engaged.

Ahhhhh........ the pains
Now, PUBLISH refuses to work.

Anonyme a dit…

gudi im bloogggiinngg !!!!

Varun Khetarpal a dit…

"Kehna Padega, your bloggie is interesting ... The phone call incident is sometimes faced by me also"

http://www.exploreuniverse.com

Dhruv a dit…

Hello, geek from my bus.
Take a moment to visit my blog as well, now that you've come this far..

Anonyme a dit…

hi i really hate to intrude but as a non indian non punjabi speaker from britain, what does chak de fatte (i think thats how you spell it) mean? and twadi?! ive tried googling and it came up on this blog some time ago, some people i know use those expressions and i was wondering,thought id just ask. :)

Gursartaj a dit…

hey non indian non punjabi speaker from britain
just leave ur name next time
chak de fatte.. hmm.. has something to do with.. "YEA..CMON.. LETS DO IT.." sorta like that.. if u get my point
twadi.. is yours
twadi car.. your car
its actually tuhadi
G

Anonyme a dit…

hahahah
good lesson G

Anonyme a dit…

GUDU BLOG!!
N comment on mine...i guess my new layout is just unluck...no one comments anymore
Rhea

Anonyme a dit…

yaar please
new post!

Dhruv a dit…

you seem to be quite determined to not update your blog..

I thought you'd want to share your feeling about how boring 11th is..
What stream have you taken?

Dhruv a dit…

Would the above Dhruv mind mentioning his complete name to avoid confusion?
--Dhruv Kumar (this is my first comment on this post)

Dhruv a dit…

Nah, I find mentioning my full name quite cheesy..
How about you keep mentioning your full name, and I by default become the other one??

Jokin.. This is DK..

Say Dhruv (Kumar), don't you feel frustrated at times, having such a nasty common name?? I sure do!