mercredi, avril 13, 2005

Hello

Hello dear friends.. I am sorry for the absence
It is not my fault, its Mukesh or Anil Ambani's fault, whosoever owns Reliance Infocomm. My Reliance Terminal is not working and Reliance Infocomm is very conveniently not sending anyone to fix it. Well, they just lost a customer and they will lose many other. Reliance people are not customer friendly, AT ALL!!! The other day I went to Reliance WebWorld to lodge a complaint. There were 10 customers with problems there and 8 of them were disgruntled, I didnt notice the other two.
An interesting customer there was a PUNJABI... A hardcore punjabi.. was speaking in punjabi too
he told the customer service dude: "kaka, tu counter di aiss side nu aaja, pher gal karanga.. main tainu dassda aan main kaun haan" (son, you come to the other side of the counter, we'll talk then.. i shall tell you who i am)
And the terminal is not working so I use the trustworthy, Govt. owned BSNL connection. I shall be getting a broadband connection in a few days, will shall be fun. I cant believe my dad is finally convinced that we need a broadband connection, he never listens to what I say. Ive been telling that the Zen needs new tyres but NO..!!

Anyways, heres something I wanted to share for quite a while. I was in Chandigarh(my favourite city in India), from the 1st to the 5th of April, and I also went to Punjab on the 3rd. That my friends was fun,
It was my Dad's Cousin's Daughter's Marriage, and the whole of My dad's maternal side was present, which was the main part of the fun. I seriously was laughing my butt off on everything because:
a) I could understand the Punjabi, which I always did but I never used to laugh on punjabi jokes before
b) I could reply back in Punjabi too, as I feel confident enough with my Punjabi

It was a good day, Family Reunions always are. I also met my dads uncle, Mamaji, dont laugh.. hes 95 years old.. theres a picture of me and him, will post when I get it here.

OK, one more thing, since everyone saw me after a long time. Everyone was like
"Putt, tu ta aina wadda ho gaya, jaddon pichhli vaar dekheya si, tu taan ainna jeya siga"
(Son, You've become so big, the last time I saw you, you were this little!)

There is one more thing that I learnt. You see, people have a tendency of asking "PAICHHANLEYA"(Recognised) and I, or anyone else for that matter, would always reply in the affirmative. I thought that people dont cross question after that. BUT, thats what I learnt. Someone actually asked me," Whats my name?", and fortunately enough i knew that person's name. But, going back to my village, I really dont know many people. So, the thing i learnt was that just say " HAANJI, Paichhanleya" and just move from that place.

Well, thats about it

School has started and we're not doing anything much right now.

Ill catch everyone around

G

6 commentaires:

ThinkingWanderer a dit…

lol!....gudi...i knw i say it everytime..but i cant stress this enough!!....ur posts are totally entertaining...lol!
PS: i DID wave..ask tht dude behind the dude behind u!:P

Dhruv a dit…

Funny, I've never been able to speak punjabi.. I can hardly understand it.. thus it is rather annoying when my family is talking in a tongue that is rather unknown to me..

Anonyme a dit…

Hmmmmm.. Love that post. Very cool description of the favourite cliche of adults- Kitna wada ho gaya hai
It's not nice to know that they're just being polite and making conversation coz u know u havn't grown v. tall in the recent months. That's when u think they'd rather kick u out and come with you.
Udit

Dhruv a dit…

I really enjoy speaking in Punjabi for some wierd reason. And henc these family get-togethers are alot of fun to me. In fact, I've learnt Punjabi just for those get togethers!

Dhruv a dit…

The first Dhruv is Dhruv Khattar, the latter being Dhruv Kumar..

by no means is either of them contradicting his own statement..

Manav a dit…

I swear, thats the tragedy of Punjabi families! Next time, tell them "Aaho aunty/uncleji, jadon tuhaanu vekhya si te tuhaade waal kaale sige! Hun te saar chitte ho gaye ne" Works.